There may be occasions where we’ll need you to supply us with additional documentation as part of your application. This is to ensure your security is protected and to help us avoid issues such as fraud, identity theft and money laundering.
The lists below outline the types of documentation we are able to accept for proof of identification and proof of address. You will need to provide us with TWO valid documents, one from each of the lists below. The same document cannot be used to verify both your identity and your address.
If you are sending original documents to us, then they will be returned to you by first class post after they have been checked and scanned onto our system. Certain sensitive documents will require a signature on receipt for proof of delivery. Please do not send documents that you may need in the immediate future.
Proof of identification
- Valid passport (Photocopy or Scan)
- We can accept a (good quality) photocopy of a valid passport in the post or a scan of a valid passport sent via email (for proof of identification only) with all personal information clearly visible.
- Please note that this is the ONLY document that can be sent via email. No other documentation can be accepted via email.
- For security, we ask you NOT to post your original passport.
All other Proof of Identification documentation MUST be either an Original or Certified copy, sent by post to our Manchester Office. Information on how to certify documents can be found by clicking here.
- Valid photo card UK driving licence
- EU national ID card
- UK armed forces ID card
- Current photo firearms/shotgun license
Proof of address
All Proof of Address documentation MUST be either an Original or Certified copy, sent by post to our Manchester Office (address below). Information on how to certify documents can be found here.
Please note, we will not be able to accept any Proof of Address documentation sent via email.
- Utility statement (including gas, electricity and water), dated within last six months
- Telephone, cable services and satellite TV bills, dated within last six months
- Local authority Council Tax statement, for current tax year
- Bank or Building Society statement including credit card statements, dated within last six months and mortgage statements, dated within last twelve months
- HM Revenue and Customs notification – tax assessment or statement, dated within last 12 months
- UCAS acceptance letter (for current students only), dated within last 12 months
- A Government-issued letter or notification showing full name and address
Please send all Original or Certified copies to:
OakNorth Bank plc
1st Floor, Alexandra Buildings
28 Queen Street
Unfortunately, we cannot accept mobile phone bills, TV licenses or P45/P60 documents as acceptable documents for proof of identification or address. We also cannot accept utility bills printed from the internet.
We also cannot accept documentation that is printed from the internet. If you receive documentation online, please contact the document provider to send you an Original copy in the post, which you can then send to us.
If you have difficulty providing the required documentation or have any questions regarding the submission of identification evidence, please contact us on 0330 380 1181 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm excluding bank holidays).