Your savings with OakNorth go towards supporting the UK’s growth businesses, which are the cornerstone of this great economy. So by saving with us, you’re not just earning great returns on your deposits, you’re also helping UK businesses achieve their ambitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer Joint accounts or accounts for businesses, corporates, charities, or other types of organisation?
No. We currently only offer Individual accounts.
- Can I apply for an account over the phone, by post or in a branch?
No. We only accept applications online through our website.
- What happens after I apply?
Once you have submitted your application:
- If your application is successful, you will receive an email with the bank details you need to fund your new account.
- If we need additional information from you to complete your application, you will be provided with details of what you need to send to us.
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be advised that we are unable to open an account for you at this time.
- Do you offer online access to my account?
Yes. Once your account is funded, you will receive an email asking you to register for an online account where you can view and manage all your active OakNorth accounts.
Your savings, protected
Your eligible deposits with OakNorth Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above this limit are unlikely to be covered.
For further information in regards to eligible deposits, please download our Exclusions and Information sheet.